Equipment must be installed and commissioned taking into account the following documents:
- Outline drawing
- Foundation drawing
- Installation, Operation and Maintenance (IOM)
Conditions of Installation location
In order to access all removable parts of the equipment, at least 1 meter of space is required, which can be larger depending on the conditions at the installation site.
Ventilation and cooling
Equipment may become very hot in the process of operating, so it is essential that free airflow is available around the resistor and the tank.
During equipment’s operation, due to passing constant current in the resistor or occurring fault, the temperature of the tank’s surface can rise to more than 100 ° C, so flammable materials should not be placed around the equipment.
- The installation site should be leveled and concreted before transportation.
- The used crane must be able to move the equipment.
- The front and back covers of the equipment should be detached.
- The connections of the device shall be checked, carefully.
- Possible damage during transportation should be checked and the performance of the elements, interior ceramics and used insulators is shall be verified.
- All electrical connections must be carefully inspected.
- In presence of CT, the secondary connection should be short-circuited.
- Input and output cables should be connected.
- The tank’s earth terminal shall be connected to ground system by cable.
- All bolts shall be tight.
Process of damaged paint repair
After assembling and installing the equipment, the painted surface may be damaged.
The steps for color restoration are as follows:
- The surface polluted by grease or oil should be cleaned with a cleaner such as linen tissue.
- The repair process shall be performed using a paint restorer which has the same RAL as the original color.
- Paint restoration is usually performed with an air-drying liquid paint and a brush.